Sunday, July 25, 2010

Incepted

Yesterday, I watched the movie Inception. And how was it? Well... my reaction is ITS A GODDAMNED FREAKING MINDBLOWINGLY MINDBOGGLING EPIC GODLY AWESOME MOVIE!!! Its a movie to be watched atleast 3 times to fully appreciate the masterpiece, if not 5 times. As I watched the movie, I realised this is going to be an awesome movie, so I kept a lookout throughout the whole movie for a single slip, a single mistake, and, I did not find it. After watching it and replaying it and mulling over it in my mind, I still havent. If you asked me to rate the movie I would rate it 9.999999..... not giving it the perfect 10 for the simple reason that I am biased to believe that nothing is perfect. This movie is worth watching even if you undergo a torture session to watch it. Well. At least thats what I feel.

Watching this movie was like a parallel world experience for me, as if I was really sharing a dream with somebody. Chris Nolan's dream. And boy, what a dream, does he get his facts so straight. The concept, the story, the details, the special effects, even the ideas like, weaving the subcounscious and the conscious with the unreal and real, 'the kick', 'the totem',"extractor', 'architect', 'forger', 'chemist', deja vu, dream within a dream, paradox and never ending loops (explained by penrose's steps/ impossible staircase), how the subconscious effects the conscious (both positively and negatively), training and experimenting with your subconscious, the horror of being lost and facing the demons lurking within you, and last but not the least 'the limbo'. Such concepts on which people will probably spend hours and pages explaining, he brings them all together like a fine tuned orchestra just for his audience within a timespan of two and half hours. Even the structure of the movie is like a dream, folding upon itself.

The movie reminded me of the Matrix (a simple idea that our world is not real) and Shutter Island, and I can probably spend hours talking nonstop about the parallel implications that each of the individual ideas used in this movie made me think of and how they were so in agreement with the concepts; of which the most intriguing was the use of the term limbo with reference to a dream. Limbo, according to Christianity, is a mythical place where people who die with original sin end up in. Its neither heaven nor hell, just the border. In medical practice, it means coma. Where you are just on the border of being alive or dead, being conscious or unconscious. In the movie, limbo is the ultimate deepest level of a dream, where you have only pure raw infinite subconscious to face. I was blown away!!

This movie has so many open strings for the viewer to debate upon (I wont even dare touch the subject of the ending), I questioned each one of them and tried to find out if anyone of them was a mistake on the part of the director. But I could only come up with alternate answers. Was that really done on purpose???

An idea is really the most resilient parasite and true inspiration is truly impossible to fake.... I am thoroughly and thoroughly Incepted.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Home | Gallery | Tutorials | Freebies | About Us | Contact Us

Copyright © 2009 Mugshots from life |Designed by Templatemo |Converted to blogger by BloggerThemes.Net

Usage Rights

DesignBlog BloggerTheme comes under a Creative Commons License.This template is free of charge to create a personal blog.You can make changes to the templates to suit your needs.But You must keep the footer links Intact.